You have a lot of choices when it comes to selecting a decking material for your dock. It’s hard to go wrong with any Tommy Docks’ decking from cedar and composite to aluminum and Titan. Ultimately, choosing the right decking for your property boils down to your preference. The best way to decide on decking is by comparing and contrasting materials to find out what suits you.
It’s time to zoom in on aluminum dock decking and see its strengths compared to alternatives.
Aluminum Dock Decking vs. Other Decking Materials
Each dock decking type has unique characteristics, including pros and cons.
Let’s compare aluminum dock decking to other materials when it comes to…
- The look and feel – Aluminum decking offers a sleek, industrial-looking finish. Aluminum may not feel as luxe underfoot as composite dock decking or deliver the classic look of a cedar dock, but many watersports lovers prefer aluminum to other decking materials.
- The price tag – Aluminum decking is in the Platinum tier of Tommy Docks’ decking materials, making it pricier than cedar or composite but still less than our polypropylene Titan decking.
- The eco-friendliness – “A highly durable metal, aluminum is 100% recyclable and can be recycled again and again without degrading its inherent value. Nearly 75% of all aluminum ever produced is still in use today,” says the Aluminum Association. Still, cedar and composite decking are also considered by many to be eco-friendly choices.
- The convenience – Aluminum decking is maintenance-free, appealing to prospective dock owners who dislike the idea of regularly refinishing their cedar dock.
What are some other pros to investing in aluminum dock decking?
Benefits of Aluminum Dock Decking
Aluminum decking is a sturdy, high-functionality, no-nonsense choice for your dock. You’ll love how easy it is to clean and how much life you get from your investment.
- Safety – Aluminum offers a textured, anti-slip, and anti-splinter surface, helping protect you and your loved ones from falls or slivers.
- Durability – White powder-coated aluminum decking can withstand harsh weather and resist stains and scratches. Aluminum decking also resists damage from the sun and water.
- Simplicity – Aluminum dock kits are easy for DIY dock builders to assemble. Our kits ensure that no cutting is required for assembly, making installation safer and more straightforward.
- Longevity – Our sturdy, corrosion-resistant aluminum docks are complete with heavy-duty hardware and pipes, delivering you a dock that will last for seasons to come.
Still, don’t spring for just any aluminum dock decking. Make sure you opt for a top-quality product to get the best ROI.
Premium Aluminum Dock Decking
Tommy Docks are specifically designed to be the highest quality and most user-friendly dock kits on the market. Our aluminum dock packages are no exception! We offer intuitive modular designs that make it easy to start small and expand each season.
Our aluminum decking creates the perfect platform for year-round water recreation. You can filet your catch of the day without worrying about staining up your deck. Or you can get a running start for your first cannonball of the year without hesitation on the anti-slip surface. The possibilities for fun on your new dock are endless!
Shop all docks today to find the best aluminum dock or discover another decking material!